If there are several FTP users linked to your hosting package, you can limit their rights to specific folders or limit that they can make changes themselves.
The standard FTP user always has all rights.
Follow these steps in the control panel:
- Go to “My products”> “Web hosting”> Choose your domain name.
- In the menu on the left you choose “FTP users”.
- Choose the FTP user whose rights you want to restrict and click on “Change”.
- With “Permissions” you adjust writing and reading rights. Select “Read permissions” if a user is not allowed to change anything.
- Under “Home directory” you choose the folder to which an FTP user is linked. Connect the FTP user to a (sub) website or to a specific folder on your FTP (eg / www / plugins, see image).
- Click on “Customize FTP user” to save the changes.